I HAVE MOVED....

I WAS FORCED TO MOVED FROM MY BABY,VANILLA STRAWBERRY SPRINFIELDS TO http://brightmorningstarsfoodie.blogspot.com/ COZ MY FEEDS HERE ARENT WORKING.....FOR ALL POSTS AFTER THIS HOP BY AND WALK THE WALK WITH ME......
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Sunday, October 11, 2009

CARAMELTS,(MY 1ST)COOKIES & CHAI......

Its 4pm but not quite 5.....the sun's begun to mellow & the heat not as intense...it'll soon be sunset time,a delightfull time of varied hues & emotions but am already sipping my cup of chai...the reason,well was brewing chai for family & the pots bif enough to save me leftovers & sit with hot indian chai in a hot goan summer(if it doesnt drizzle or pour its summer here allright!!!).




As was brewing the chai, the caramelo pudim in the fridge cried out to me to be swiped clean...yeah foods & spices & saute's they all talk to me..truly they do & i love to understand what they try to communicate & with conversations & love i whip up many an animated dinner to all......


Where was i.....ok chai...today i tried a 3's blend, mudis(always reminds me of english breakfast tea) with little tata's(a typpical strong deep color tea) & Liptons natuarl care (masala chai)....nice deep color & strong aroma that quite went with the cookies (butter cookies ,my family always pick me different goodies from different places to try & later recreate on my own & i love doing just that)....


And as was brewing tea my(all the above) thoughts went back to the cookies i baked the first time this summer,from the back page of a mag my little bro picked me was a lovely ginger cookie,now i wasnt going to look around for candied ginger given the fact of the many calls & trips et all have had in quest of my ingredients but there i was with a recipe i coudn resist so replaced it for butterscotch essence & tried my hand at making my own butterscotch too with sucess......Actually here's the story that happenned on a mid- summer aternoon.....





Caramelts oh i love.......its been a caramelly buttery day with my caramel laces & butterscotch attempts. Oh the praline laces were cute to look at & delicate to handle....(the humidity made it easier truly...)but they were a sucess yummy sucess with laces & drops & rounds.


Well the dough for the cookies(recipe below) sits in the refrigerator waiting to be baked to perfection & 'brown' frosted(not exactly,quite lighter)



The last page of the 'LIVING MAGAZINE'( to think that a few months back i didn even know who martha was)got me attracted like bees to honey,just another coincidence that the cover also had bees hovering around the honey-bee cake,to the last page cookie of the month.Slight change coz butterscotch has taken the place of candied ginger that i never sighted in goa so praline(me made) went in with butterscotch essence as i went with the flow of the idea that got me last night & boy was i excited or was i interested???both actually.....



Instead of sandwhich cookies that had planned earlier will have plain with brown butter frosting & some praline & lacey beauties sitting brown( the humidity helped my lacey beauties get nice & sticky the next day but that didn discourage me nor the fact that i had absolutely no icing eqiupment but then butter paper jogged its way to my rescue)


0 SPRINKLE FAIRIES.Sprinkle?yiippee-m dancin w glee!:

Post a Comment

THANX A TON FOR STOPING BY....SPRINKLE FAIRIES BRIGHTEN MY DAY WITH JOY IN MY HEART & SMILE ON MY LIPS......and would so love for u to hop by again.....
I VALUE WHAT U HAVE TO SAY SO SO MUCH........
And dear happy pals...i make it a point to reply here n as far as possible on ur respective blogs too-gives me yet another delicious chance to hop by......

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com