WE HEART LOVE

ME HEARTS SPRINKLE FAIRIES :-)))

Any of u WILTON PRODUCT FANS from India?
Wilton products are now available in Bombay.(at NEW ARIFE_BANDRA-cute stuff here)
Leave me ur blog link and i'll send u the details.

I HAVE MOVED....

I WAS FORCED TO MOVED FROM MY BABY,VANILLA STRAWBERRY SPRINFIELDS TO http://brightmorningstarsfoodie.blogspot.com/ COZ MY FEEDS HERE ARENT WORKING.....FOR ALL POSTS AFTER THIS HOP BY AND WALK THE WALK WITH ME......
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Thursday, October 15, 2009

FILOS-YUMMIEST EVER BANANA PANCAKES........




Ever since i remember ,we had these made at our home ,aplenty & i always loved their simplicity in sweetness that comes from something other than sugar.
I make them in different shapes & sizes too!!!!They a kind of pancake i know as 'filos' though the origins i dont know yet!!!
Its made with a batter with bananas & i love them best with very ripe 'moira' bananas which i love to pick at a local market in mapusa ,the weekly friday market.They r the long yellow ones which everybody loves,so do i!!


Never do i tire of these,i can have them for breakfast,lunch & dinner without tiring. I can have them with honey,panckae maple syrup,golden syrup or nutella but they stand well & r delicious on their own or with some extra grated jaggery too....
I love a few 'extra well done' or 'well browned' so to say...perfect ..

The best parts the color that comes in from the local goan jaggery,the only 'sweet' that can & does replace my chocolate urges when ever so often i run outa my fav choc coz i have gobbled 'em all.

Its called PALM JAGGERY & its got this rich dark chocolately color(check the pics).They are sold in cute triangles & i simpley love buying these from the ever so friendly local vendors who all sit together in the "home" market..i eat a few snuggled in the back seat to.on our drive back home....

Its so easy to put these by.Blend the followin in a blender
 ~ 4-5 very ripe bananas(great for all those etra ripe ones)
~3/4 cup wheat flour                                                        }honestly u could chage the ratio of these too
~one whole lump of jaggery
~a few cardomon seeds to flavour

NOTES
~u can make do with sugar or white jaggery but for this dark color maybe brown sugar would work
~add a dollop of cream or milk for a creamier filo or even an egg
~add a big blob of warm clarified butter/ghee for a traditional richness
~flavour with cinnamon/nutmeg/vanilla or add in nuts. They make a great breakfast pancake.

---Now all u do is warm a griddle or non stick pan. grease with a wee bit of olive oil(or ghee for a richer filo)& fry spoonfuls of batter in any size u like.
---in villages these are deep fried for yummy "ball filos"


4 comments:

  1. We love this too!Aren't they yummy!!Btw,thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just want to give an enormous thumbs up for the good data you’ve gotten right here on this
    post. I will likely be coming again to your blog for more soon.


    Here is my page: seo services uk prices

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just want to give a huge thumbs up for the nice info you’ve
    right here on this post. I can be coming back to your weblog for more soon.


    Here is my webpage dramatomy queen seon deok summary 28

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.
    Is it tough to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about creating
    my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any points or suggestions? Cheers

    Check out my weblog :: Dragon City Hack - www.youtube.com -

    ReplyDelete

THANX A TON FOR STOPING BY....SPRINKLE FAIRIES BRIGHTEN MY DAY WITH JOY IN MY HEART & SMILE ON MY LIPS......and would so love for u to hop by again.....
I VALUE WHAT U HAVE TO SAY SO SO MUCH........
And dear happy pals...i make it a point to reply here n as far as possible on ur respective blogs too-gives me yet another delicious chance to hop by......

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com