I HAVE MOVED....

I WAS FORCED TO MOVED FROM MY BABY,VANILLA STRAWBERRY SPRINFIELDS TO http://brightmorningstarsfoodie.blogspot.com/ COZ MY FEEDS HERE ARENT WORKING.....FOR ALL POSTS AFTER THIS HOP BY AND WALK THE WALK WITH ME......
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

FINGERLICKING GOOD DEEP YELLOW,PUMKIN @ CHICKEN THAI COCONUT CURRY @ NIGELLA LAWSON-@I HEART COOKING CLUBS..

Bdw, i now blog at Bright Morning Star!!

I aint a resolution making kind . . Now now do i wanna send a not very good impression . .no but thats the truth. . . But i love to look forward to a great year and a happily gay one at that . .and yeah go to gym or aerobic class regularly and ok ok looks like am already making some resolutions aint i? And jus a bit back who was it that said. . I dont make any resolutions. . . That said lets wander a bit towards our exciting topic of interest shall we or its more like to the main point of interest is it?

I tried this a bit back and was more than thrilled to find it at Nigella Lawsons cook along this month here.
SO u will have better pics ,then these taken from a cell phone!!!
Will definately try this delicious curry and if i do will blog about it again on this blog

And the RESOLUTION THEME is the party theme of the week at I HEART COOKING CLUBS ....(what do we do???oh we have tonns of fun cookin nigella in our kitchens every week or sometimes several times a week)this week and yeah i hop skip jump all along very happily....


And why do these little Pumpkin pics adorn all around...well coz fell in love with this little pumpkin carriage as soon as it walked in that door...cute aint it???Will it turn into a sleigh to take sowman around at midnight...lets wait and watch....
One thing i would resolute every single day is to blend eliciousness with flavour and say cut down on the fat or cal a bit. .like say maybe olive oil for butter. .(so muc for everything cant think of any more for now) every drop makes an ocean so i begin with this lovely coconut curry with an absolutely lite coconut milk that yet retains it great flav and yeah despite this change nigella rocked again.

Now where baked goods go its all butter coz i dont eat 7 or 12 cookies or cuppycakes in a day (lets forget about the days i do for now and finish off with a nice mug of hot chocolate and marshmellows for now shall we? ) does this sound any where close to a resolution post? I so hope it does. . . . Oh and im ever so determined to find a few cookie cutters , cute heart shaped and teddy bears and all those shapes that spell cute. . . . . . Candy and sprinkles this year. . . .

And try to get as much as baking goodies as possible so that these not being around limit my baking. . . I have no walmart or one of those bakery supply delightful stores that i can just wallk up the aisle with all my pocket money and mommy jus round the corner and drop all those goodies right into my basket. . . You get nothing here and at times takes me months to get my hands grabbing an ingredient or tool but of course i survive....




Now didn i just make a 100 resolutions just now. . And i think i make a few every single day and my to do list is updated all the time too. . .


So much for all said i am after all a resoluting gal aint i ?



Now for the recipe i actually cooked it up last year with this lovely pumkin and twice round and now if last year sounds like a long time. . . .was just a few days back . . .i find myself taking over lunches and dinners more often with a few cookies in between and tend to sway towards Nigella's recipes and truly wanna explore her exciting whole world before we wind up this term so truly there's no missing any week for me. . . . Hopefully. . . . . .and we have just begun our 2nd week of jan and the eager beaver me already wonders, now aloud, what the next four themes will be. . . .
Was chosing for a nice lunch curry and this one seemed apt to the t,i had a pumkin sitting pretty in the kitchen anyeah all i had to do was replace all the seafood with chicken and add some veggies...yeah we did have shrimps sitting in the freezer but its been a few days of seafood(i havent been able to post our italian grilled fish com crosto e parmesano and lemon garlic grilled fish and herby grilled fish with greens coz i couldn take pics but believe me these will all be repeats and will post em soon) and today was decided as a meaty day and here i was...


I dont usually get attracted to packaged pastes as i love to grind my own but dunno why i picked this tiny packets of thai tom yum paste & green curry paste from our supplier last week-maybe coz i found 'em cute ...and here they were actually usefull now coz i didn have galangal(though the sustitute for that is sadi to be gonger with fresh turmeric root-similiar flav,i did try this one)


And i wasnt going to buy the red or yellow curry paste so i mixed the 2 i had in stock,jus a wee bit...not to up the spiciness they lend...





ADAPTED FROM THE GORGEOUS KITCHENS OF NIGELLA LAWSON


Marinated 2.5 cups of bite sized cut chicken in a little of the following
~~~~chicken stock powder
~~~~fish sauce
~~~~dash of turmeric
~~~~dash o sugar
~~~~lime juice
~~~~1/2 tbh of green and red curry paste


So my marinade had all the flavours of the curry seepin happily into the chicken as it sat in its glass bowl,under cling wrap in the refrigeration


2)PLACE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING IN A POT AND KEEP ON THE FLAME...
~~~~400 ml coconut milk mixed with 700ml water and stock powder(chicken)-this i did coz wnted a v lite(somebody who cant eat too muc coconut stopped by n dis worked well),not creamy curry so for a creamy curry increase the coconut milk/cream and reduce the water
~~~~2 pink shallots cubed
~~~~2 stalks lemon grass cut into 1/3rd and bruised with a flat knife to release th aromatic flavours
~~~~3 kaffir lime leaves crushed(dried)
~~~~1 tbh sugar
~~~~2 tbh fish sauce
~~~~1/2 tsp turmeric
~~~~a few curry leaves bruised(optional)


As it comes to a boil whisk with a whisk until smoth and combined and add in the marinated chicken.
Simmer till chicken is almost done.
NOTE-The curry leaves get added coz little b was nostalgic about moms lovely goan chicken curry and i was cooking nigella(ofcourse mommy gave me a big fat green signal) and so in when those fresh ,garden picked curry leaves that he cycled around and picked(ofcourse the goan curry will be featured soon too)


3)Add 1 cup of pumkin cubed,green peas and robustly simmer till just done coz the pumpkin will continue cooking as it cools.


Serve with loads of cilantro/parsely/chopped spinach


A decilious curry even with a thinned out coconut milk....everybody loved it and it tasted fantasticly better the next day(always the case with a coconut curry)

11 comments:

  1. I want to THANK YOU!!! for the FABULOUS!!! Award you're a sweetheart of a friend and I enjoy your blog and all the sugar filled comments you leave on my blog. THANKS!!! again.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uma das resoluções para este ano que eu tomei é estimar a nossa linda amizade:)
    Quanto á receitinha, tem um delicioso aspecto.
    Um grande e docinho beijinho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao ! What a lot of resolutions !! Lovely spiced recipe !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love chicken curry.. especially Thai! Looks absolutely delicious, I will have to make this soon for hubs. Thai is his favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like one of the best Nigella recipes I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks scrumptious! IHCC is on my "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Je note ta recette car j'adore les recettes de Nigella.
    A bientôt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not really the biggest fan of resolutions either. I try to just do the best I can every day. Or I break my goals up into little landmarks so that they don't seem so overwhelming. One day at a time, one piece at a time...all much more manageable in the end.

    Now you know how much I love pumpkin and I adore coconut milk in curry - so basically this is heaven to me! What a beautiful dish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a big fan of curry and this looks delicious--rich and creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must admit I would not have chosen to make this recipe by just readin the ingredients alone ... but your pics have won me over! Looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so good! I love Thai food!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete

THANX A TON FOR STOPING BY....SPRINKLE FAIRIES BRIGHTEN MY DAY WITH JOY IN MY HEART & SMILE ON MY LIPS......and would so love for u to hop by again.....
I VALUE WHAT U HAVE TO SAY SO SO MUCH........
And dear happy pals...i make it a point to reply here n as far as possible on ur respective blogs too-gives me yet another delicious chance to hop by......

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com