I HAVE MOVED....

I WAS FORCED TO MOVED FROM MY BABY,VANILLA STRAWBERRY SPRINFIELDS TO http://brightmorningstarsfoodie.blogspot.com/ COZ MY FEEDS HERE ARENT WORKING.....FOR ALL POSTS AFTER THIS HOP BY AND WALK THE WALK WITH ME......
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Saturday, December 19, 2009

CHOCO CHIPPY SUGAR COOKIES ALL DRESSED FOR CHRISTMAS




Oh i'm dreaming of a white christmas...

with every cookie in the store....
may i find em all cookies.....
to bake over milkies.....
and yeah gather 'em all recipes in the snow....



Oh ok ok,it began as a christmas jingle and then i rantled some gibberish trying to put across my journey of findin good cookies recipes and have 2 gorgeous cookie blogs to help me out...one is MEGANS BLOG....

.....a really cute blog that i fell in love with all her gorgeous cutie pie stuff and its thru her that i landed beautifully into a whole world of CHRISTMAS COOKIES-a fest ,a festival,an exchange and much more ,all thanx to SUSAN ..oh she's got a great biscotti too and thats my next bake....and i so love her site.....


Back to Megan,she's got a whole load of my type of cookie recipe-my type= crunchy crispy cookie's(i always bake 'em a bit longer yeah...

ANd have bookmarked quite a few here...(on megans cooking ie

I asked Megan about the crunchiness of this cookie,had to bother her though the cookie did look crunchy to me and she confirmed it(MUITISMO OBRIGADO MEGAN-thanx a ton in portuguese)...

Had to tweak it but w/o changing the basic recipe ofcourse-ie the toffee bits for one-couldn find any suitable so in wen some choco chip in double the quantity.I mixed in milk choco callets and 53% callets-

The other change is sparkling sugar ,i havent even found colored sugar yet-leave alone sparkling...

I did try making colored sugar but my color aint right i think.....

in the pic above& below the milky callets melted into the cookie...love that streak...


Thirdly i jus rolled 'em into balls @ random of different sizes and got around 22 cookies of different sizes and then a played with the dressing up...


HEre have gone the thumbalina way a bit by thumprinting and filling in jam and then dressing that up a bit with snow and silver balls....well let it snow
let it snow................let it snow was playing in the background.....
                                                           



HERE'S THE RECIPE ADAPTED FROM MEGANS COOKING BLOG
1)BEAT WELL
---1 cup sugar
---3/4th cup butter
---1 large egg
---1 tsp vanilla extract
2) ADD THE FOLLOWING SIFTED TOGETHER AND FOLD IN(honestly i never sift)
---2 cups flour
---1 1/2 tsp baking powder
---1/4 tsp soda
3)STIR IN 1 CUP OF MILK & DARK CHOCO CHIPS.

4)nOWS THE FUN...
roll into balls-roll a few in sugar-thumb print a few-use ur cookie press if u have one-sprinkle brown sugar.....the options are endless...
5)BAKE IN PRE-HEATED OVEN AT 180*C,TILL DONE.(10-15MINS)

6)COOL COMPLETLY BEFORE U DECORATE....




7)HERE'S HOW I PUT TOGETHER THE FROSTING-
take a little spoon and stir well some icing sugar,with some liquid of that hazlenut chocolate paste floats in(i have a tub of this turkish paste that has a lot of liquid)and little jus boiled water till u get the right consistency& yeah some vanilla extract and ur done...few drops of food color if u wan or leave it snow white....




And i was glad to put by my recent goodie bag to decorate these-ie some pink n white marshmellows and hersheys toppings and silver balls...
and yeah the exciting parts Jerri jus left in a sprinkle about sweet thursdays and got me all excited that thought i'll do my bit...with my heart...loving it....


sweet Thursday









sweet Thursday

9 comments:

  1. It looks like you had lots of fun decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cookies, and a great idea to take a simple CC cookie and dress it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job decorating. You must have fun doing this and then we have fun seeing it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, they are all so pretty! Delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good sugar cookie for Christmas. You did a fabulous decorating job. Those silver balls are adorable!

    I am making biscotti next week as well! I can't wait.

    Sparkling sugar is super hard to find...as well as super expensive! I would just do without it if I were you. Not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! These look absolutely delicious.:D
    Beijinho grande!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cookies look so festive and yummy! I'm putting together my monthly dessert carnival for Thursday and would love to feature them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah Jerri,they are all urs...jus figured out a bit and ur sweet thrusday buttons happily sit on my side bar and post too!!!

    Hey Joanne thanx for the sparkling sugar bit-u made me happier...

    thnx a ton to every body for the pat-delights me,i still reply to every sprinkle but on ur respective blogs coz dont wan u to miss on my reply n love to stop by @ ur blog too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thаnks a lot for sharing this with аll folks уou actuаlly knоw what
    you are talking apрroximatеlу!
    Bookmагked. Κindly aԁditionally
    consult ωith my web site =). Wе cοuld havе a hypеrlink altеrnate contrаct аmong uѕ

    my ωebsite ... Haarwuchs

    ReplyDelete

THANX A TON FOR STOPING BY....SPRINKLE FAIRIES BRIGHTEN MY DAY WITH JOY IN MY HEART & SMILE ON MY LIPS......and would so love for u to hop by again.....
I VALUE WHAT U HAVE TO SAY SO SO MUCH........
And dear happy pals...i make it a point to reply here n as far as possible on ur respective blogs too-gives me yet another delicious chance to hop by......

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com