I HAVE MOVED....

I WAS FORCED TO MOVED FROM MY BABY,VANILLA STRAWBERRY SPRINFIELDS TO http://brightmorningstarsfoodie.blogspot.com/ COZ MY FEEDS HERE ARENT WORKING.....FOR ALL POSTS AFTER THIS HOP BY AND WALK THE WALK WITH ME......
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

CRISPY FRIED SALT & PEPPER CALAMARI'S /SQUIDDYS/LULAS @NIGELLA LAWSON @IHCC





Small plates,snacks or appetizers are so so welcome in the holiday season and we love to gorge on 'em even otherwise and my all time favs are rissoes de camarao and emphadinhas and croquettes and.....ok i better stop else will end up listing 'em all .....AND THIS IS THE THEME OF THIS WEEKS I HEART COOKING CLUBS WHERE WE SO LOVE AND ENJOY EVERY MOMENT IN TIME OF COOKING @ NIGELLA LAWSONS FANTASTIC RECIPES....




Nigella sure does know the how to invent in her kitchen the best of appetizers,thru any season ,be it summers, christmas or bitey moments and she shines thru 'em all....
And so do  girlichef, Adventures with the Woods, BigSisLilSis & Living in the Kitchen with Puppies-the lovely members of I HEART COOKING CLUBS!!!!
Loved the small write up up ,yeah indeed SMALL IS BIGGGG
aND THAT LOVELY COLLAGE RIGHT HERE and also check in what delicious ideas the rest of the lovely gang cook up... 


Well its really difficult to single one out (and i actually had another meaty one but no pics so no posting)and this one rocks too!




well managed a few pics till they were all goneeeeeeeeeee.......and am jus about getting the hang of my brand new digital camera and my very own...SMALL IS BIG RITE HERE TOO....



YEah am super joyous about this one gizmo and its really a cool camera which my dear little b chose and picked and my parents gifted to me before the clock struck 12.....
And so my first savoury shot with this cam are these sqiddys which instead of the traditional ringa rossies ,we had 'em cubed..



Ok so instead of yapping a bit more shall we head on strait to the 'making of these crunchy squiddys' and then the yummy revs...


ADAPTED FROM THE CRUNCHY MUNCHY KITCHENS OF NIGELLA LAWSONS WORLD
honestly i weighed nothing..jus went with a portion of squiddys and will try my best to portion it out...
1)MARINATE AROUND A CUP OF SQUIDDYS/CALAMARI IN THE FOLLOWING
----freshly squeezed lime/lemon juice
----a tsp or 2 of whole peppers lightly crushed
----salt to taste
2)NOW TAKE A GOOD AMOUNT OF CORNFLOUR IN A ZIPLOCK POUCH(well i took in quite a bit that my calamari/lulas were totally snow covered) AND ROLL IN AND RUB IN THE CALAMARI WELL TILL COVERED.
3)hEAT SOME OLIVE OIL IN A PAN(i shallow fried 'em and kept adding a little oil when things sizzled in a pan) and fry well on both sides to a golden brown hue.



Oh these are absolutley elicicous and crunchy and they did stay crunchy awhile and with a little dollop of sour cream dressing or ketchup or a squeeze of lime juice or on their own they rock....
And here's my request here again for all the help i need for the voting for I HEART CUPPYS CAKES....
VOTING IS HERE SO PULEEEZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ,PINKY PROMISE PLEAAASE GIVE ME UR VOTE...THANX A TON....

10 comments:

  1. I love Nigella so much and am off to vote now on the cupcakes...thanks so much for being a visitor on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really, REALLY been wanting to make these...they look amazing!!! YUM :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fried calamari are truly one of the best appetizers out there. I am so impressed that you attempted them - AND succeeded. They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie,
    I just gave you an AWARD!!! come by and visit so you can receive it.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed you picked the calamari and succeeded in making them. I have to admit that I have never ate calamari or cooked it at home. Definitely something that I would like to try. Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy New Year I offer my best wishes for happiness and success
    see you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sugar linda,
    Que aspecto fabuloso!!
    Aproveito também para desejar á minha querida amiga um Ano Novo muito muito muito feliz, cheio de saúde, amor e paz!!
    Um grande beijinho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, they look totally delicious! I love fried calamari and have never made it at home.
    Congrats on the new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look fantastic. I just have to get my act together for I Heart Cooking posting. It's been wild at our house:) I host a weekly blog event called Crock Pot Wednesday if you are ever interested in linking up there. I usually have Mr. Linky up by Tues evening. Happy New Year and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a nice plate of calamari--this looks great!

    ReplyDelete

THANX A TON FOR STOPING BY....SPRINKLE FAIRIES BRIGHTEN MY DAY WITH JOY IN MY HEART & SMILE ON MY LIPS......and would so love for u to hop by again.....
I VALUE WHAT U HAVE TO SAY SO SO MUCH........
And dear happy pals...i make it a point to reply here n as far as possible on ur respective blogs too-gives me yet another delicious chance to hop by......

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com